LCCC Writing Center
The Writing Center promotes the College's mission of fostering student success in achievement of goals by providing an environment where students in all disciplines can become more effective and more confident thinkers and writers.
The Write Place Online Writing Center is an online extension of The LCCC Writing Center. The Write Place allows you to submit writing assignments via email for review. Our faculty reviewers will then provide personal assistance to help writing efficiency and overall writing abilities. The reviewer will respond within 48 hrs (depending on the length of the assignment) and meet with you, if necessary.
It is strongly recommended that you follow the instructions when submitting your paper. We welcome the opportunity to offer this free service to you, but the criteria must be met and the directions must be followed in order to get an action from our team.
- Help polish your finalized writing project
- Assist with complicated areas, such as citations (APA, MLA)
- Examine the manuscript for format, correctness of expression, and documentation style
- Ensure that you have done the following:
- Addressed the assignment or topic as it is written
- Established a clear focus
- Logically stated and developed the thesis in sufficient detail
- Consistently presented topic sentences for body paragraphs
- Used transitions economically and effectively
- Organized the paper into an introduction, body, and conclusion
- Followed standard practices of formal written English: spelling, grammar and usage, word choice, capitalization, punctuation, and sentence construction
Reviewer Will Not
- Ghost Write: We will not write a paper for you
- Re-write: We will not completely revise a paper for you, but we will give guidance as to how best to improve your work
- Tutor: We will not help those with a lack of writing ability. For those with serious writing deficiencies, they will be referred for tutoring at Student Support Services
- Verify Content: We will not review for content. Our reviewers' focus will be on the standard practices of formal written English
- Edit for Publication: We cannot help you produce a publishable paper
- Go to: https://luzernewc.mywconline.com/
- Click Register for an account
- Fill out all the necessary information, and you can then sign into the writing center.
- Please select the “Document Submission for Online Reviews” option before signing in.
- Find today's date on the calendar
- Click on an open slot next to the reviewer of your choice.
- If all reviewers are taken, you can submit to the general reviewer slot, or you can add yourself to the list for another day.
- Attach a copy of your work (please use a doc file)
- Attach any instructions given to you by your professor
- Then click "Create appointment."
- You will receive an email notification that your request has been received.
- Please check your spam folder if you do not receive this confirmation within 24 hours.
- You will receive and email notification when your review is complete.
- You will receive a second email containing the reviewed essay and a review report.
- Eng 101/101A/031 students must retain this report as part of their course requirement.
- If you do not receive an email, please check your spam folder. You can also access your slot and print your report and access the reviewed essay from that location.
Questions or Concerns? Please contact: email@example.com
The LCCC Writing Center is a free resource to LCCC students. The Writing Center is now located in Building 9, Room 903, where you may physically go in order to obtain help with your writing assignments and projects. We hope to see you there!