* Dedicated Center
Northumberland Regional Higher Education Center
2 East Arch Street
Shamokin, PA 17872
Welcome to the Northumberland Regional Center!
Dedicated in 1999 as the Gateway of Education and Workforce Development by the Commissioners and Citizens of Northumberland County, LCCC's Northumberland Regional Center is located conveniently close to Shamokin's downtown and just 12 miles away from nearby Knoebels Amusement Resort. Housed on the fourth floor of the Northumberland County Career and Arts Center, Luzerne County Community College offers area residents a variety of courses and academic programs. With both day and evening classes available, the Northumberland Regional Center offers the following degree programs:
- A.S. General Studies
- A.S. Business Administration
- A.S. History
- A.S. Psychology
- A.S. Social Work
- A.A.S. Business Management Technology
- A.A.S. Early Childhood Education
- A.A.S. Criminal Justice
- A.A.S. Nursing (RN)
- Certificate: Business Management
Students can also:
- Complete General Education requirements for a variety of other programs or majors.
- Get a jump start on college by earning college credit while still in high school (at half the tuition rate).
- Enroll as visiting students while attending another school.
At the Northumberland Regional Center, we offer students a variety of individualized and outstanding service. While here, you can:
- Apply for admission
- Schedule and complete placement testing
- Register for classes
- Receive academic advisement and support
- Sign up for a tutor
- Tour the campus
Our Academic Advisors will help you:
- Identify and achieve your educational and career goals.
- Navigate the College's academic opportunities, policies, systems, and procedures.
- Prepare for graduation and/or transfer to a University.
*New* Luzerne County Community College is especially pleased to offer our highly acclaimed nursing program at LCCC's Northumberland Regional Center. For student convenience, all nursing classes are taught in Shamokin with clinicals held at local hospitals and facilities.
There are many opportunities for students to become active in campus life. In addition to the student organization mentioned below, there are a variety of community and building events students can participate in.
- SGA (Student Government Association)
From special events such as Meet the President, It's all Hocus Pocus Day, SPIRIT week, movie nights and fundraisers to marching in community parades, Earth Day celebrations and our annual "Deck the Doors" Competition, the Student Government Association works to improve Luzerne County Community College's Northumberland Regional Center for students, faculty, and staff.
- Coming Soon ** Creative writing club
Success starts here! Are you ready? If you'd like to schedule a tour, or meet with us in person, please call: 570-740-0290. Let's get started!
Lori J. Laniewski, M. Ed.
Northumberland Regional Center
Lori J. Laniewski, Director- phone 570-740-0291 * email: email@example.com
Joelle Zanella, Administrator/ Advisor- phone 570-740-0246 * email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Diana Reeder, Secretary-main office phone 570-740-0290 * email: email@example.com
Jean Greco, Nursing Secretary-phone: 570-740-0282 * email: firstname.lastname@example.org
* * * Center Announcements * * *
|Placement Test Dates at the NRC|
Placement Testing at the Northumberland Regional Center will be held on the following dates:
Monday September 26 - 11 AM
Wednesday September 28 - 11 AM
Thursday October 6 - 10 AM & 1 PM
Wednesday October 12 - 11 AM
Thursday October 13 - 10 AM
Thursday October 20 - 10 AM
Friday October 21 - 10 AM
Please, call the Center at 570-740-0290 to schedule your placement test.
|TEAS EXAM-October 26th|
OCTOBER 26, 2022
4:00 PM - 9:00 PM