Lethal Weapons Training
ACT235 Enrollment Process
Complete the TACS Online Application.
You will need to log in as a "First Time User" and follow the instructions. You will receive an email from Identigo/Morphotrust with instructions for scheduling your fingerprint session. You must be fingerprinted at one of the approved Identigo/Morphotrust locations.
Download and print the physical examination and psychological examination forms. You must undergo a physical and psychological examination at your own expense. The physicians must be PA licensed. The physicians must submit completed and signed forms to the Lethal Weapons Certification Unit. Ask your Primary Care Physician for recommendations/referrals.
You will receive an approval/denial letter to attend training. It will be emailed to the address you provided in application.
After receiving your approval letter, you can register for class by clicking on 'Register' next to the course you wish to register for or via Mail:
- Complete the registration form below. Form
- Enclose a check, money order or credit card information, payable to Luzerne CCC for the tuition.
- Attach the approval letter you received from the Pa. State Police.
- Upon successful completion of the training you must supply Luzerne County Community College with your credit card information to be forwarded to the PSP/Commonwealth of PA in the amount stated in your approval letter for your license.
- Holster and belt
- When instructed - Revolver or pistol and 200 rounds of ammunition. This will be discussed the first night of class.
Upon successful completion of the Act 235 Lethal Weapons course and your grades have been submitted by the College, log into TACS (click 'have an account' login using your last name, full birthday: MM/DD/YYYY, and the last four digits of your SSN) to submit the $30.00 certification fee by credit card payment. Once received by the PSP, they will issue your license, which is good for 5 years.