International Students - Applying to LCCC

International applications that need an I-20 to apply for or maintain F-1 status should submit all of the following documents in order to be considered for admission to the college. An application is not considered complete until all of the items listed below are submitted.

Fall Semester: July 1, Spring Semester: November 1, Summer Semester: Only visiting students from another college or university may apply for the Summer Semester.

Application Documents:
To download the complete International Admission Packet, please CLICK HERE

  1. Application for Admissions
    • Apply Online
    • High School Record: You must have the equivalent of a U.S. high school diploma to be accepted to LCCC. If the original documents are not from English speaking Country or province, the academic records or transcripts must be translated into English by either your National Consulate or a recognized translation organization that is a member of the NACES (The National Association of Credential Evaluation Services) with their seal of authenticity and accuracy. Personal translations cannot be accepted.
    • College or University Transcripts: University or post-secondary transcripts from institutions abroad are not evaluated at Luzerne County Community College. Students who have completed college course work outside the United States must submit a course-by–course evaluation report prepared by an organization that is a member of the NACES (The National Association of Credential Evaluation Services).Personal translations cannot be accepted. University or post-secondary credits from a United States institution are evaluated at Luzerne County Community College. An official transcript must be sent directly to LCCC from the issuing United States institution.
    • TOEFL Scores: Each application to LCCC must present positive evidence of proficiency in the English language. If your native language is not English, you must take the TOEFL examination. One of the following minimum scores is required:
      • The Internet-Based TOEFL (IBT) - 75
      • The Computer-Based TOEFL (CBT) - 200
      • The Paper-Based TOEFL (PBT) - 500
    • *The score reports must be mailed directly from the testing service. Photocopies will not be accepted. More information on the TOEFL exam can be found at
    • Financial Affidavit of Support Form (found in the International Admissions Packet). This financial support form must to be notarized. All financial documents must be official including signature of bank official or notary. You must show evidence of sufficient financial support (in U.S. dollars) for one academic year.
    • International Student Requirement Form (found in the International Admissions Packet). This form is designed to make International Students aware of their responsibilities as an F-1 student.

Additional Notes:

Placement Test
All accepted students to LCCC are required to take the Accuplacer placement test. International Students will be required to take this placement test before enrolling in any courses. Click here for more information on Accuplacer.

F-1 students attending another college and transferring to LCCC
If you are currently in the United States studying at another college or university on a student visa (F-1), and wish to transfer to LCCC, you must also bring the Transfer Student Form (found in the International Admissions Packet) to your international adviser to complete and return to this Admissions Office.

Financial Aid
International students do not qualify for state or federal financial aid programs.

Luzerne County Community College does not offer campus housing. All students must make their own living arrangements.

Health Insurance
All international students are required to maintain adequate medical health insurance during their time of study at LCCC in F-1 status.

International students and all other nonimmigrant students at Luzerne County Community College are considered non-residents of Pennsylvania and are subject to out of state tuition rates. See Tuition and Fees for more information.

Upon receipt and approval of all completed and signed application documents, the College will send a Letter of Acceptance and I-20 form. Students overseas must take their I-20 and current passport to the nearest United States Consulate to obtain a student visa. Students applying for a Change of Status or Transfer should contact the Admissions Office to make an appointment for arrangement to sign and process their I-20 as appropriate. A copy of the stamped and approved I-20 form must be submitted to the Office of Admissions.