Associate of Science (Two year program)
This Associate of Science degree is a two year program which provides students the necessary studies that will lead to direct transfer into a four year engineering program. The curriculum is designed to allow students to acquire a sound understanding of the physical sciences, mathematics and engineering.
The program focuses on developing a fundamental knowledge of physics, chemistry, mathematics, and provides an introduction to engineering. In addition, students also take classes in English, Communication, Social Sciences, and Humanities.
Graduates of the pre-engineering program can transfer to Penn State University, Hazleton Campus where they will complete their study toward a Bachelor of Science degree in General Engineering.
This program provides the student the opportunity:
- Learn mathematical methods and principles of physical sciences to analyze mechanical and electrical systems.
- Acquire required skills to solve technical problems in the engineering profession.
The graduate of this program is able to:
- Explain the importance of engineering ethics as practices today as they apply their knowledge and skills to serve society.
- Use standard methods of mathematical analysis including trigonometry and analytic geometry, differential and integral calculus and differential equations.
- Use techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.